I love my slow cooker because I can just throw in all the ingredients and return in 3-4 hours and POOF, like magic I have a meal! I decided to take a healthy spin on pulled pork sandwiches and made a some pulled chicken breast sandwiches on whole wheat buns! The best part is you can use your FAVORITE bbq sauce which really customizes this recipe to your taste. I prepared some roasted potatoes and red peppers as a side dish and honey barbecued baked beans. This dish tastes even better the next day after the bbq sauce and chicken sit over night and the chicken absorbs most of the bbq. So make sure you save some for tomorrow!!
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (I used smoked Jack Daniels)
- 5-7 whole wheat buns
- 1 onion (Whichever kind you prefer. I used yellow)
- Your favorite Cheese (I used Colby jack but sharp, cheddar & monetary would all taste delicious)
1. Trim the fat off of three chicken breasts and rinse them. Throw them into the slow cooker.
2. Empty a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce into the slow cooker. Add 1 minced/diced onion.
3. Let the mixture simmer on high for 3-4 hours(Do not worry about the bbq sauce it will thicken up and the chicken will absorb it once the chicken is shredded). You can shred the chicken using two forks.
4. Let the chicken simmer for another hour