Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! Theodor Seuss Geisel was born on March 2, 1904 and passed away on September 24, 1991 . He published 46 children’s books! The reason why Dr.Seuss wrote his books in a “poetic meter” is because he knew that the more interesting the more children would want to read! You can support literacy in your community! Make sure you read a special book to your children today and let them know how important reading is!
You can make a Dr.Seuss craft in honor of his Birthday!
- Take some blue paint and make two handprints (as pictured)
- Cover your palm in orange paint and push down to make a face!
- Draw in the clothing and face (once the paint dries)
- Peel hardboiled eggs and cut them in half
- Take out yokes
- Use green food dye and mix together mayo and yokes
- Fill eggs with green yoke
Thanks for the pictures and craft ideas Jen!