Author: Coupon Clipinista
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 1 whole white onion
- 2 cups buttermilk or heavy cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 quarts canola oil
- Black Pepper and chili powder to taste
- Slice the onions very thin.
- Cover the onions in buttermilk or heavy cream.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- In a separate dish mix salt, pepper, chili powder and flour
- Dip onions into flour mixture. Make sure they are covered in flower.
- Submerge a handful of onions(using fork or thongs) into the oil. They should float to the top.
- Once onions are golden brown remove them and place on a paper towel covered plate to remove excess oil.
- Repeat until onions are gone.